BRBC History

During the early fall of 1985, God began to speak to a group of people concerning the need for a mission church near the new construction site of Blue Ridge High School.  A group of thirty people met to pray and fellowship at the home of Mike and Kim Neeves on November 20, 1985. This group decided that with God’s guidance they wanted to try to stay together and form a mission church, thus began Blue Ridge Baptist Church.

North Greenville College was secured through Dr. James Jordan as our first place of worship. Services were held in the basement of the college library.

On January 5, 1986 the church voted to purchase 13.43 acres of land with a 1200 sq. ft. house at a cost of $55,000. Trustees were asked to volunteer. They were Marvin Vest, Roy Ray, Henry Massey, Wallace Jones, Bobby Samples, Ruth King and Danny Crain. The land was purchased on February 20, 1986. Construction began in the Spring of 1986 on our first church building. This was the beginning of many, many Saturdays that were devoted to building the church by our men (some ladies too) and the ladies serving lunch. The construction was completed in the Summer of 1987, and our first building was dedicated on August 30, 1987. When the property was paid for, and the construction of a parsonage was completed, the church began to look to the future.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Trunk or Treat 10/28/2017

Blue Ridge Baptist Church will host the annual Trunk or Treat Saturday, October 28th, from 5:00 to 7:00 pm. ...